Why this? Why now?

I have given a great deal of thought to whether or not a blog is right for me. I have been on an amazing journey - some of it very sad, some of it profoundly joyful. Transformation is possible - I know because it is happening with me.

I can't say for sure when it all started, other than it started happening with tremendous regularity upon my 40th birthday. This may be a rather normal occurence - you reach a certain age and start wondering if this is all there is in life. Am I doing what I'm meant to be doing? Are my beliefs real - what are my beliefs exactly?

Here's a smattering of the journey -

I got a divorce and began to discover and explore life from a much different perspective.

I began thinking about my health and researching and reaching out to learn things like: what I should be doing to avoid heart disease. The book, The China Study, changed my life. I am now a vegetarian. This also led me to quit smoking....and finally to stop drinking, too (I don't care what the studies say - just eat the grapes instead).

I have embarked upon an incredible spiritual journey - from a comparative religions class, to studying Ayurvedic living (of which I'm now studying to become an instructor), to learning more about Buddhism, and, as documented here in my blog, an active study of A Course In Miracles.

I am in a place in my life where I finally recognize very consciously that what I put in my mind and in my body is what comes out. As I am reminded most days when listening to Deepak Chopra's soul affirmations, "My body is the garden of my soul."

May I be of vessel of spirit, of loving-compassion.

Yes, I do think a blog is right for me. Thank you for joining me.
Namaste,

mac

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 104 - Lesson 103

God, being Love, is also happiness.

I woke up today with a pounding headache.  I struggled with keeping this lesson in mind.  It was bitterly cold, I didn't feel well, and I had a hard time getting motivated.  I read my lesson, but wasn't sure I absorbed much of it.  As I got ready for work, I turned on Wayne Dyer's Excuses Begone CD #1.  I had listened to a little more than half of it yesterday morning.  This morning, throughout his talk, I kept hearing, "All things are possible with God."  He was talking about how that one statement, when we use it to really change our thinking, changes everything because it is true.  I started saying it over and over in my head - in part because I was trying to rid myself of that awful headache.  I continued to say this throughout the day.  Eventually my headache did go away.  As I considered this thought all day, I felt more energy and more compassion.

When I don't get sucked into autopilot and focus on the past or the future, when I practice present moment awareness, when I remind myself to think about love and to respond through love, I feel lighter, more capable, and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment