Why this? Why now?

I have given a great deal of thought to whether or not a blog is right for me. I have been on an amazing journey - some of it very sad, some of it profoundly joyful. Transformation is possible - I know because it is happening with me.

I can't say for sure when it all started, other than it started happening with tremendous regularity upon my 40th birthday. This may be a rather normal occurence - you reach a certain age and start wondering if this is all there is in life. Am I doing what I'm meant to be doing? Are my beliefs real - what are my beliefs exactly?

Here's a smattering of the journey -

I got a divorce and began to discover and explore life from a much different perspective.

I began thinking about my health and researching and reaching out to learn things like: what I should be doing to avoid heart disease. The book, The China Study, changed my life. I am now a vegetarian. This also led me to quit smoking....and finally to stop drinking, too (I don't care what the studies say - just eat the grapes instead).

I have embarked upon an incredible spiritual journey - from a comparative religions class, to studying Ayurvedic living (of which I'm now studying to become an instructor), to learning more about Buddhism, and, as documented here in my blog, an active study of A Course In Miracles.

I am in a place in my life where I finally recognize very consciously that what I put in my mind and in my body is what comes out. As I am reminded most days when listening to Deepak Chopra's soul affirmations, "My body is the garden of my soul."

May I be of vessel of spirit, of loving-compassion.

Yes, I do think a blog is right for me. Thank you for joining me.
Namaste,

mac

Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 101 - Lesson 100

My part is essential to God's plan for salvation.

This is such a beautiful lesson.  I especially love this part:

You are indeed essential to God's plan.  Just as your light increases every light that shines in Heaven, so your joy on earth calls to all minds to let their sorrows go, and take their place beside you in God's plan.  God's messengers are joyous, and their joy heals sorrow and despair.  They are the proof that God wills perfect happiness for all who will accept their Father's gifts as theirs.

I loved carrying this lesson around in my heart and in my mind all day.  Today is also the Law of Giving and Receiving (this just makes me look forward to Mondays in a way I never thought possible!).  This was perfect for shining my light and basking in the glow of everyone else's light, too! 

On Saturday, the Law of Dharma, I had an inspiring conversation with two friends.  The conversation kept rolling around in my head.  On Sunday, the Law of Pure Potentiality, I came up with a terrific idea based on the inspirational conversation.  Today, the Law of Giving and Receiving, I shared the idea and it was received with enthusiasm. 

This inspiration, this idea, could have the effect of spreading joy to heal sorrow and despair.  How absolutely wonderful to have an essential part in God's plan for salvation!

No comments:

Post a Comment