Why this? Why now?

I have given a great deal of thought to whether or not a blog is right for me. I have been on an amazing journey - some of it very sad, some of it profoundly joyful. Transformation is possible - I know because it is happening with me.

I can't say for sure when it all started, other than it started happening with tremendous regularity upon my 40th birthday. This may be a rather normal occurence - you reach a certain age and start wondering if this is all there is in life. Am I doing what I'm meant to be doing? Are my beliefs real - what are my beliefs exactly?

Here's a smattering of the journey -

I got a divorce and began to discover and explore life from a much different perspective.

I began thinking about my health and researching and reaching out to learn things like: what I should be doing to avoid heart disease. The book, The China Study, changed my life. I am now a vegetarian. This also led me to quit smoking....and finally to stop drinking, too (I don't care what the studies say - just eat the grapes instead).

I have embarked upon an incredible spiritual journey - from a comparative religions class, to studying Ayurvedic living (of which I'm now studying to become an instructor), to learning more about Buddhism, and, as documented here in my blog, an active study of A Course In Miracles.

I am in a place in my life where I finally recognize very consciously that what I put in my mind and in my body is what comes out. As I am reminded most days when listening to Deepak Chopra's soul affirmations, "My body is the garden of my soul."

May I be of vessel of spirit, of loving-compassion.

Yes, I do think a blog is right for me. Thank you for joining me.
Namaste,

mac

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 30 - Lesson 29

God is in everything I see.  A big part this lesson is about learning to look on all things with love, appreciation, and open-mindedness.

Today was a great day for this lesson.  I had a 'sanity Sunday' which means: I didn't go to work today.  I lounged around in bed, read my lesson, practiced my lesson, ate banana french toast (made especially for me by my sweet man), stayed in my pajamas until 12:30.  I went out and enjoyed a good long snow walk with a dear friend.  There were sea lions, beautiful birds, crashing surf, an avalanche (that we hiked over), the dogs ran and played, we laughed and listened.  It was an easy day to see God in everything.

My friend and I talked about struggles and addictions.  She shared this with me: ism = I separate myself.  I know when I do this, I obscure my vision which makes it hard to see God in anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment