Why this? Why now?

I have given a great deal of thought to whether or not a blog is right for me. I have been on an amazing journey - some of it very sad, some of it profoundly joyful. Transformation is possible - I know because it is happening with me.

I can't say for sure when it all started, other than it started happening with tremendous regularity upon my 40th birthday. This may be a rather normal occurence - you reach a certain age and start wondering if this is all there is in life. Am I doing what I'm meant to be doing? Are my beliefs real - what are my beliefs exactly?

Here's a smattering of the journey -

I got a divorce and began to discover and explore life from a much different perspective.

I began thinking about my health and researching and reaching out to learn things like: what I should be doing to avoid heart disease. The book, The China Study, changed my life. I am now a vegetarian. This also led me to quit smoking....and finally to stop drinking, too (I don't care what the studies say - just eat the grapes instead).

I have embarked upon an incredible spiritual journey - from a comparative religions class, to studying Ayurvedic living (of which I'm now studying to become an instructor), to learning more about Buddhism, and, as documented here in my blog, an active study of A Course In Miracles.

I am in a place in my life where I finally recognize very consciously that what I put in my mind and in my body is what comes out. As I am reminded most days when listening to Deepak Chopra's soul affirmations, "My body is the garden of my soul."

May I be of vessel of spirit, of loving-compassion.

Yes, I do think a blog is right for me. Thank you for joining me.
Namaste,

mac

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 85 - Lesson 84

Review of lessons 67 and 68 –

(67) Love created me like itself.
(68) Love holds no grievances.

I am so thankful to have had the great blessing of attending Seduction of Spirit – a meditation retreat developed and facilitated by the Chopra Center.  This retreat has reinforced the truth of these lessons in myriad ways.

Today, the final day of the retreat, we talked a lot about our purpose in life.  While some of us know early on what our purpose is, many of us are still trying to figure that out in our third, fourth, fifth decades.  Some helpful questions in this process are:
What brings you joy?
What makes you lose track of time?  When you are in that moment that the next thing you know – hours have gone by and it feels like you only just began.
What comes easier to you?  What flows effortlessly?

More of the message included –
We deserve to be happy!
Make choices that move you into happiness.
Don’t waste time, explore your purpose and share your purpose.

When we take the time to reflect on our purpose or on exploring the activities that make us feel happiness, feel joy, feel time suspend itself it’s easy to ‘get’ that love created us to be like itself – we are divine creations.  Love holds no grievances because there is no point in that – only an egotistical illusion (a potentially hurtful time-waster). When we recognize that we all behave, respond, and communicate on the level of our current state of conscious, it makes it less likely that we will hold grievances. 

Life in this human form is short - we do deserve to be happy and we just can't go wrong by loving each other more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment