Why this? Why now?

I have given a great deal of thought to whether or not a blog is right for me. I have been on an amazing journey - some of it very sad, some of it profoundly joyful. Transformation is possible - I know because it is happening with me.

I can't say for sure when it all started, other than it started happening with tremendous regularity upon my 40th birthday. This may be a rather normal occurence - you reach a certain age and start wondering if this is all there is in life. Am I doing what I'm meant to be doing? Are my beliefs real - what are my beliefs exactly?

Here's a smattering of the journey -

I got a divorce and began to discover and explore life from a much different perspective.

I began thinking about my health and researching and reaching out to learn things like: what I should be doing to avoid heart disease. The book, The China Study, changed my life. I am now a vegetarian. This also led me to quit smoking....and finally to stop drinking, too (I don't care what the studies say - just eat the grapes instead).

I have embarked upon an incredible spiritual journey - from a comparative religions class, to studying Ayurvedic living (of which I'm now studying to become an instructor), to learning more about Buddhism, and, as documented here in my blog, an active study of A Course In Miracles.

I am in a place in my life where I finally recognize very consciously that what I put in my mind and in my body is what comes out. As I am reminded most days when listening to Deepak Chopra's soul affirmations, "My body is the garden of my soul."

May I be of vessel of spirit, of loving-compassion.

Yes, I do think a blog is right for me. Thank you for joining me.
Namaste,

mac

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 60 - Lesson 59

Lesson 59 is a review of lessons 41 through 45.  The ideas for these lessons are: God goes with me wherever I go, God is my strength and vision is his gift, God is my source and I cannot see apart from him, God is the light in which I see, and God is the mind with which I think.


God was with me everywhere I went.  God gave me strength and a new vision.  Spirit / Source / Love - guided me in my simple journey and I will sleep feeling fulfilled in knowing the choices I made today were good. 
I woke up with a head cold and a day full of loads to do.  I got into work early and stayed as long as possible until heading off to help my special little someones as their parents moved them from one home to another (better and bigger!).  For a few minutes this evening, I grumbled to myself about how I needed to get home and get a few things done - how I didn't feel well, I just wanted to rest.  I also needed to walk the beagle....ugh....and just as I was starting to really feel resentful of no quiet time for me - I changed the course of my thoughts.  I reminded myself that being sick and tired was the best time to get out and enjoy the sunshine.  To appreciate that it's March 1 and the sun was shining beautifully.  To appreciate the quiet of the outdoors.  To spend as much time with two growing special someones who won't always be so excited to have their nana hanging around.  To help where I am needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment