Why this? Why now?

I have given a great deal of thought to whether or not a blog is right for me. I have been on an amazing journey - some of it very sad, some of it profoundly joyful. Transformation is possible - I know because it is happening with me.

I can't say for sure when it all started, other than it started happening with tremendous regularity upon my 40th birthday. This may be a rather normal occurence - you reach a certain age and start wondering if this is all there is in life. Am I doing what I'm meant to be doing? Are my beliefs real - what are my beliefs exactly?

Here's a smattering of the journey -

I got a divorce and began to discover and explore life from a much different perspective.

I began thinking about my health and researching and reaching out to learn things like: what I should be doing to avoid heart disease. The book, The China Study, changed my life. I am now a vegetarian. This also led me to quit smoking....and finally to stop drinking, too (I don't care what the studies say - just eat the grapes instead).

I have embarked upon an incredible spiritual journey - from a comparative religions class, to studying Ayurvedic living (of which I'm now studying to become an instructor), to learning more about Buddhism, and, as documented here in my blog, an active study of A Course In Miracles.

I am in a place in my life where I finally recognize very consciously that what I put in my mind and in my body is what comes out. As I am reminded most days when listening to Deepak Chopra's soul affirmations, "My body is the garden of my soul."

May I be of vessel of spirit, of loving-compassion.

Yes, I do think a blog is right for me. Thank you for joining me.
Namaste,

mac

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 83 - Lesson 82

So, I got up late this morning.  I missed pre-sunrise meditation and yoga.  I also missed reading my lessons!  Yikes!  I realized this as I was sitting in meditation later this morning.  As I entered my meditation, I remembered that the two lessons for review would be 63 and 64 - though I couldn't, of course, remember what they said so my intent was to honor the lessons for review without knowing exactly what they were.  I knew they were likely about forgiveness - and, indeed, they are:

The light of the world brings peace to every mind through my forgiveness.
Let me not forget my function.

I had the opportunity to work on a heart exercise, an emotional freedom exercise, that helped me gain some clarity with a relationship struggle I'm currently experiencing.  I talked about it awhile ago, in that relationships change, but it has continued to bubble up to the surface of my awareness. Clearly a sign that it is unresolved in my heart.  A few hours after the exercise, and after a meditation, we had this amazing opportunity arise that helped me through my pain and confusion this situation is causing.  I focused light and love on the situation and to the person involved.  I have every faith that she felt that light and that love today.  I walked with a lighter step this evening and I am eternally thankful.

There were more than 200 shining lights bringing peace into the world today.  How great is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment