Why this? Why now?

I have given a great deal of thought to whether or not a blog is right for me. I have been on an amazing journey - some of it very sad, some of it profoundly joyful. Transformation is possible - I know because it is happening with me.

I can't say for sure when it all started, other than it started happening with tremendous regularity upon my 40th birthday. This may be a rather normal occurence - you reach a certain age and start wondering if this is all there is in life. Am I doing what I'm meant to be doing? Are my beliefs real - what are my beliefs exactly?

Here's a smattering of the journey -

I got a divorce and began to discover and explore life from a much different perspective.

I began thinking about my health and researching and reaching out to learn things like: what I should be doing to avoid heart disease. The book, The China Study, changed my life. I am now a vegetarian. This also led me to quit smoking....and finally to stop drinking, too (I don't care what the studies say - just eat the grapes instead).

I have embarked upon an incredible spiritual journey - from a comparative religions class, to studying Ayurvedic living (of which I'm now studying to become an instructor), to learning more about Buddhism, and, as documented here in my blog, an active study of A Course In Miracles.

I am in a place in my life where I finally recognize very consciously that what I put in my mind and in my body is what comes out. As I am reminded most days when listening to Deepak Chopra's soul affirmations, "My body is the garden of my soul."

May I be of vessel of spirit, of loving-compassion.

Yes, I do think a blog is right for me. Thank you for joining me.
Namaste,

mac

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 152 - Lesson 151

All things are echoes of the Voice for God.

My day began with this lesson - as most days begin with my ACIM lesson.  I meditated for 40 minutes.  Then I got up and began my sun salutations.  I sometimes really enjoy the simple movements of the salutations without any intrusive light.  As I moved into hand to foot pose, I observed my toes and then my fingers glowing with white-ish, with blue-ish and green-ish light - much like phosphorescence.  As I continued through my poses, each time my feet were pressed against the floor, each time my fingers were pressed against the floor, they seemed to glow.  At first, I thought, "Oh, well, we're made of light as Claire (Chopra Center Yoga Instructor) says."  However, as I continued the routine, I felt a sense of disbelief and then I just sort of quietly freaked out.  I ended the routine early.

I don't quite know what to make of this experience.  Maybe Deepak Chopra, or David Simon, or Marianne Williamson, or other sage spiritual guides would recommend simply allowing the experience without label or judgment.  Adhering to that advice takes practice.  And, of course, I want to package and label the experience as a way to explain the logic of it - why it happened.  Though it may be more beneficial to let it be and let it go.  My ego asks, "So, is this where crazy starts?"  I assure it that, "No, crazy is just another man-made logic label, and we are not going there."

The lesson....there is so much beauty and comfort in this - You will no longer doubt that only good can come to you who are beloved of God, for He will judge all happenings, and teach the single lesson that they all contain.  Later, it goes on to say - Let Him evaluate each thought that comes to mind, remove the elements of dreams, and give them back again as clean ideas that do not contradict the Will of God.

I appreciate this lesson because it reminds me to keep things simple, to believe in the power of love, and to feel my divine spark.  When we look upon life with love we see the presence of God, of Source, of Spirit everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment