Why this? Why now?

I have given a great deal of thought to whether or not a blog is right for me. I have been on an amazing journey - some of it very sad, some of it profoundly joyful. Transformation is possible - I know because it is happening with me.

I can't say for sure when it all started, other than it started happening with tremendous regularity upon my 40th birthday. This may be a rather normal occurence - you reach a certain age and start wondering if this is all there is in life. Am I doing what I'm meant to be doing? Are my beliefs real - what are my beliefs exactly?

Here's a smattering of the journey -

I got a divorce and began to discover and explore life from a much different perspective.

I began thinking about my health and researching and reaching out to learn things like: what I should be doing to avoid heart disease. The book, The China Study, changed my life. I am now a vegetarian. This also led me to quit smoking....and finally to stop drinking, too (I don't care what the studies say - just eat the grapes instead).

I have embarked upon an incredible spiritual journey - from a comparative religions class, to studying Ayurvedic living (of which I'm now studying to become an instructor), to learning more about Buddhism, and, as documented here in my blog, an active study of A Course In Miracles.

I am in a place in my life where I finally recognize very consciously that what I put in my mind and in my body is what comes out. As I am reminded most days when listening to Deepak Chopra's soul affirmations, "My body is the garden of my soul."

May I be of vessel of spirit, of loving-compassion.

Yes, I do think a blog is right for me. Thank you for joining me.
Namaste,

mac

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 154 - Lesson 153

In my defenselessness my safety lies.

     You who feel threatened by this changing world, its twists of fortune and its bitter jests, its brief relationships and all the "gifts" it merely lends to take away again; attend this lesson well.

And later....

     Be still a moment, and in silence think how holy is your purpose, how secure you rest, untouchable within its light.  God's ministers have chosen that truth be with them.  Who is holier than they?  Who could be surer that his happiness is fully guaranteed?  And who could be more mightily protected?  What defense could possibly be needed by the ones who are among the chosen ones of God, by His election and their own as well?

I held this lesson in my heart today as I conducted a training for 50 individuals in leadership positions.  Holding it there guided me through a session of training and dialogue that helped me to feel a greater sense of connection with all those gathered in the room.  We talked about leadership from the perspective of 'choice.'  How we make a decision, a choice, no matter how subtle it may seem, to appreciate or to feel frustrated, to react or to respond, to direct or to guide.

 I held this lesson in my heart as chaos swirled around me, as laughter bubbled from belly, as the soul questions swung through my mind like a pendulum - back and forth throughout the day I feel safe and secure.  I feel less inclined to defend my position.  I feel more inclined to look to life through eyes of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment