Why this? Why now?

I have given a great deal of thought to whether or not a blog is right for me. I have been on an amazing journey - some of it very sad, some of it profoundly joyful. Transformation is possible - I know because it is happening with me.

I can't say for sure when it all started, other than it started happening with tremendous regularity upon my 40th birthday. This may be a rather normal occurence - you reach a certain age and start wondering if this is all there is in life. Am I doing what I'm meant to be doing? Are my beliefs real - what are my beliefs exactly?

Here's a smattering of the journey -

I got a divorce and began to discover and explore life from a much different perspective.

I began thinking about my health and researching and reaching out to learn things like: what I should be doing to avoid heart disease. The book, The China Study, changed my life. I am now a vegetarian. This also led me to quit smoking....and finally to stop drinking, too (I don't care what the studies say - just eat the grapes instead).

I have embarked upon an incredible spiritual journey - from a comparative religions class, to studying Ayurvedic living (of which I'm now studying to become an instructor), to learning more about Buddhism, and, as documented here in my blog, an active study of A Course In Miracles.

I am in a place in my life where I finally recognize very consciously that what I put in my mind and in my body is what comes out. As I am reminded most days when listening to Deepak Chopra's soul affirmations, "My body is the garden of my soul."

May I be of vessel of spirit, of loving-compassion.

Yes, I do think a blog is right for me. Thank you for joining me.
Namaste,

mac

Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 210 - Lesson 209

I am not a body.  I am free.
For I am still as God created me.

(189) I feel the Love of God within me now.

The Love of God is what created me.  The Love of God is everything I am.  The Love of God proclaimed me as His Son.  The Love of God within me sets me free.

I am not a body.  I am free.
For I am still as God created me.

I collect quotes, all kinds of quotes, but mostly the type that inspire me.  I had the great experience of four such quotes entering my awareness today.

Research has shown that a simple act of kindness directed toward another improves the functioning of the immune system and stimulates the production of serotonin in both the recipient of the kindness and the person extending the kindness. Kindness extended, received, or observed beneficially impacts the physical health and feelings of everyone involved! - Dr. Wayne Dyer

It’s pointless to run around trying to heal all of our friends. We cannot force others to change. Each person is here to work out his or her own lessons, and if we fix it for them, then they will just go and do it again, because they have not worked out what they needed to do for themselves. All we can do is love them and allow them to be who they are. - Louise L. Hay

And - two trail signs at the Montana Vortex and House of Mystery:

Walking this sacred path shows us that all things are alive, intertwined into the One that we bless and love.  The thread of love weaves in and out of the cloth of existence.

The love you withhold is the pain that you feel.

As I considered this lesson today, these quotes showed up - of course right at the perfect times.  Synchrodestiny, synchronicity - All part of a master plan.

Kindness....love and allowing others to be who they are and at their current level of consciousness....recognizing that each path is sacred - whether it's a garden path, a wooded path, a seashore path, or a concrete jungle path; we carry our sacredness in our hearts and in our souls....pain, it's what we experience when we withhold love.  Each one of these messages remind me of the absolute truth of this lesson - I feel the Love of God within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment