Why this? Why now?

I have given a great deal of thought to whether or not a blog is right for me. I have been on an amazing journey - some of it very sad, some of it profoundly joyful. Transformation is possible - I know because it is happening with me.

I can't say for sure when it all started, other than it started happening with tremendous regularity upon my 40th birthday. This may be a rather normal occurence - you reach a certain age and start wondering if this is all there is in life. Am I doing what I'm meant to be doing? Are my beliefs real - what are my beliefs exactly?

Here's a smattering of the journey -

I got a divorce and began to discover and explore life from a much different perspective.

I began thinking about my health and researching and reaching out to learn things like: what I should be doing to avoid heart disease. The book, The China Study, changed my life. I am now a vegetarian. This also led me to quit smoking....and finally to stop drinking, too (I don't care what the studies say - just eat the grapes instead).

I have embarked upon an incredible spiritual journey - from a comparative religions class, to studying Ayurvedic living (of which I'm now studying to become an instructor), to learning more about Buddhism, and, as documented here in my blog, an active study of A Course In Miracles.

I am in a place in my life where I finally recognize very consciously that what I put in my mind and in my body is what comes out. As I am reminded most days when listening to Deepak Chopra's soul affirmations, "My body is the garden of my soul."

May I be of vessel of spirit, of loving-compassion.

Yes, I do think a blog is right for me. Thank you for joining me.
Namaste,

mac

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day 277 - Lesson 276

The Word of God is given me to speak.

Today has been a long day and filled with challenges.  There are days when, and I know I've written about this in previous posts, I feel like I'm straddling two worlds.  Today was one of those days.  My life has been filled with a whirlwind of activity....I have a full time career that consumes a great deal of time, I serve on the board of directors of our community health center and just last night I was elected as the board chair, I have just recently passed the certification course as a Perfect Health instructor, I have also been studying for the Primordial Sound Meditation instructor certification course, I am beginning a Kundalini Dancing Meditation course, planning perfect health classes, developing a radio program, and providing community education when asked - and this study too.

Tonight I didn't achieve a goal that I had set.  For the first few minutes of that realization I felt the all-consuming and self-defeating emotions of failure.  I became pretty emotional.  Then I heard Deepak Chopra's voice in my head, "Observing our emotions without judgment is the highest form of human intelligence."  So then I tried that.  I also listened to all of the other messages about the universe being exactly as it is intended to be - in every given moment; to embrace uncertainty; somehow, even though I set the intention and did the work to achieve the goal, I didn't.  Was that a choice?  I think it must have been.  I knew early on that the goal may be too aggressive, that it may need to wait.  I told myself I was looking for a sign that would tell me definitively what to do.  As I reflect upon the past few weeks, I think I mostly overlooked all the signs that would have given me that answer - I just didn't pay attention to the signs until one became personal.  As in really, knock me upside the head and slap me in the face and stab my heart personal.

There is an important lesson in all of this for me.  Is it about acknowledging the abundance I already experience in my life?  Is it about honoring my intellect without comparing it to something external?  Is it about recognizing my value without attaching it something outside of me?  Is it about releasing expectation and gaining clarity by less being more?

I don't have the answers, but I do have the questions, and I'm finding that the more I get in touch with the questions, I don't have to struggle to force the answers (I think I'm getting that anyway). Oh, and crying is just another form of cleansing.

No comments:

Post a Comment