Why this? Why now?

I have given a great deal of thought to whether or not a blog is right for me. I have been on an amazing journey - some of it very sad, some of it profoundly joyful. Transformation is possible - I know because it is happening with me.

I can't say for sure when it all started, other than it started happening with tremendous regularity upon my 40th birthday. This may be a rather normal occurence - you reach a certain age and start wondering if this is all there is in life. Am I doing what I'm meant to be doing? Are my beliefs real - what are my beliefs exactly?

Here's a smattering of the journey -

I got a divorce and began to discover and explore life from a much different perspective.

I began thinking about my health and researching and reaching out to learn things like: what I should be doing to avoid heart disease. The book, The China Study, changed my life. I am now a vegetarian. This also led me to quit smoking....and finally to stop drinking, too (I don't care what the studies say - just eat the grapes instead).

I have embarked upon an incredible spiritual journey - from a comparative religions class, to studying Ayurvedic living (of which I'm now studying to become an instructor), to learning more about Buddhism, and, as documented here in my blog, an active study of A Course In Miracles.

I am in a place in my life where I finally recognize very consciously that what I put in my mind and in my body is what comes out. As I am reminded most days when listening to Deepak Chopra's soul affirmations, "My body is the garden of my soul."

May I be of vessel of spirit, of loving-compassion.

Yes, I do think a blog is right for me. Thank you for joining me.
Namaste,

mac

Friday, September 23, 2011

Day 266 - Lesson 265

Creation's gentleness is all I see.

There has been a lot of discussion about the death penalty the past few weeks.  I have stayed mostly silent about the subject, but yesterday a friend posted a powerful summation on the total and utter failure of 'the death penalty experiment' by the US court system.  This was written by a supreme court justice and was truly the most eloquent and articulate statement I have ever read on the topic.  I copied and also posted the statement.  It mostly generated comments of agreement, but I noticed that a couple of people posted their own reasons and articles for supporting the death penalty.

I have long not supported the death penalty, but struggled with my position in certain violent cases.  I could make exceptions to be 'okay' with it when a 'violent criminal' had killed a child or something similar to that.

The more I have studied this past year and the more I have gotten in touch with Source, with my own heart, I see clearly that non-violence means complete non-violence, peace means complete peace.  There can be no varying degrees of non-violence and peace - the commitment is total.  It makes perfect sense, too.  When we remove the 'personal' from the behavior of others, when we no longer judge, we are able to love completely.  It doesn't mean condoning or approving or being okay with senseless acts of violence.  It means committing and modeling love.  We attract what we are and the more we are love - well, the outcome is obvious.  

I know violence can still happen, bad things can still happen to good people, but my own hate, violence, judgment.....just continues the cycle.

So...

In quiet would I look upon the world, which but reflects Your Thoughts, and mine as well.  let me remember that they are the same, and I will see creation's gentleness.

No comments:

Post a Comment