Why this? Why now?

I have given a great deal of thought to whether or not a blog is right for me. I have been on an amazing journey - some of it very sad, some of it profoundly joyful. Transformation is possible - I know because it is happening with me.

I can't say for sure when it all started, other than it started happening with tremendous regularity upon my 40th birthday. This may be a rather normal occurence - you reach a certain age and start wondering if this is all there is in life. Am I doing what I'm meant to be doing? Are my beliefs real - what are my beliefs exactly?

Here's a smattering of the journey -

I got a divorce and began to discover and explore life from a much different perspective.

I began thinking about my health and researching and reaching out to learn things like: what I should be doing to avoid heart disease. The book, The China Study, changed my life. I am now a vegetarian. This also led me to quit smoking....and finally to stop drinking, too (I don't care what the studies say - just eat the grapes instead).

I have embarked upon an incredible spiritual journey - from a comparative religions class, to studying Ayurvedic living (of which I'm now studying to become an instructor), to learning more about Buddhism, and, as documented here in my blog, an active study of A Course In Miracles.

I am in a place in my life where I finally recognize very consciously that what I put in my mind and in my body is what comes out. As I am reminded most days when listening to Deepak Chopra's soul affirmations, "My body is the garden of my soul."

May I be of vessel of spirit, of loving-compassion.

Yes, I do think a blog is right for me. Thank you for joining me.
Namaste,

mac

Monday, December 26, 2011

Day 360 - Lesson 359

God's answer is some form of peace.  All pain is healed; all misery replaced with joy.  All prison doors are opened.  And all sin is understood as merely a mistake.

For some reason that I can't explain, my thoughts have turned to a person who passed away a few months ago - in October.  He died just a short time before his birthday, also in October.  I didn't know this person well and, in fact, he had every reason not to like me much.  I met him in another place and he was the focus of an investigation I was responsible for conducting.  We never really became friends, but we seemed to like to each other.  I moved away, then he moved away, and then we connected on facebook.  On his birthday, I received a facebook reminder to send him a birthday wish.  I opened his page to do that and learned that he had just recently passed away.  He died while commuting to work on his motorcycle in a city famous for wet roads that are heavy with traffic.  I remember staring at his page and my heart breaking for his family.  I have prayed for them every day since.

This situation reminds me that our lives really can change in a mere moment.  I hope that they (his family) turn to God and their pain and misery is turned to joy - that their pain is healed.

I feel so very blessed by this life.  I am blessed that my pain and misery has been healed and turned to joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment