Why this? Why now?

I have given a great deal of thought to whether or not a blog is right for me. I have been on an amazing journey - some of it very sad, some of it profoundly joyful. Transformation is possible - I know because it is happening with me.

I can't say for sure when it all started, other than it started happening with tremendous regularity upon my 40th birthday. This may be a rather normal occurence - you reach a certain age and start wondering if this is all there is in life. Am I doing what I'm meant to be doing? Are my beliefs real - what are my beliefs exactly?

Here's a smattering of the journey -

I got a divorce and began to discover and explore life from a much different perspective.

I began thinking about my health and researching and reaching out to learn things like: what I should be doing to avoid heart disease. The book, The China Study, changed my life. I am now a vegetarian. This also led me to quit smoking....and finally to stop drinking, too (I don't care what the studies say - just eat the grapes instead).

I have embarked upon an incredible spiritual journey - from a comparative religions class, to studying Ayurvedic living (of which I'm now studying to become an instructor), to learning more about Buddhism, and, as documented here in my blog, an active study of A Course In Miracles.

I am in a place in my life where I finally recognize very consciously that what I put in my mind and in my body is what comes out. As I am reminded most days when listening to Deepak Chopra's soul affirmations, "My body is the garden of my soul."

May I be of vessel of spirit, of loving-compassion.

Yes, I do think a blog is right for me. Thank you for joining me.
Namaste,

mac

Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 366 - Lesson 365

This holy instant would I give to You.  Be You in charge.  For I would follow You, certain that Your direction gives me peace.

I am in deep gratitude and amazed at the synchronicity that today is the final day of one-year's worth of A Course In Miracles Lessons - and it's also the day I honor the Law of Pure Potentiality, the day I facilitate a Sunday Gathering (Active Meditation), and the day I record my Inspired Unalaska radio spots for the week - it's also the first day of the New Year and I completed my Vision Board for 2012 tonight.

Practicing the lessons in A Course In Miracles while also living the Seven Spiritual Laws of Success over the past year was a beautiful immersion in the divine and in experiencing the sacred light that is shining within me.  Tapping into the ancient knowingness has illumined my path in ways I had never imagined.

So, what's up for 2012?  Another year of immersion into the divine!  I will be teaching Primordial Sound Meditation and Perfect Health/Ayurveda regularly.  I will be studying for, participating in, and graduating from the Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga Teacher Training.  I will be setting and charting a course for co-creating a life in which I am able to share, teach, and learn with other like-minded souls - a life in which I am able to serve by using my unique talents as a vessel of Spirit. 

I am open to all that is possible in 2012.  I intend to open my heart to accepting that I am here for a special purpose.  I am going to fulfill that purpose as love intends.  I have learned so much over this past year - and mostly, I've learned, that I know so very little.  However, I am no longer walking around with shield to duck behind or throw out in front of others.  I am better today than I was a year ago today.  I don't take things so personally.  I am less likely to judge or label people, things and experiences in the negative.  I am kinder and gentler with myself.  I feel a sense of bliss, peace, and hope.  My smile is a bit larger and my laugh - heartier.  I am optimistic and I believe, wholeheartedly, in miracles.  I am a miracle.  And all of this has been made possible because I took a leap of faith.  I started practicing the ritual of meditation, of studying a couple of spiritual philosophies, and seeking the wisdom and knowledge of the great masters.....once you dangle your toe in the water, it doesn't take long before you're swimming in the warm, sparkly, abundant pool of Love - of Source.

I have no idea what 2012 is going to bring - other than I know it is going to bring love....and really, that is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment